DAYS & TIME CLASS STARTS:
MWF: 1 PM
Tues, Thurs: 11:45 AM
Mon, Wed: 9:55 AM
1. Do you believe in democracy? Explain!
2. Why are civil liberties the rights that go to the heart of the democratic process?
3. Explain how civil liberties and civil rights can clash.
You are a federal judge. You have banned the things or actions listed below. List
the interpretation of Civil Liberties (Absolute, Clear and Present Danger, Dangerous
Tendency, Balancing of Interests) you probably used to justify your prohibition and
explain the reason for your decision.
1. Huckleberry Finn
2. The Nazis speaking in Skokie
4. The teaching of evolution
6. Whiskey ads being shown on television
7. Television cameras in your courtroom
8. An owner preventing blacks from eating in his restaurant
IF YOU NEED E-MAIL VERIFICATION OF SUBMISSION, PLEASE PLACE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS HERE: